
This photograph is the product of an assignment I was given this spring. We were studying portraits learning how to create a portrait from all aspects: staging the portrait, properly lighting a portrait and the evolution of portraits over time. My assignment was to create a portrait that evoked a overall feeling. In this photograph i was looking to extract the feeling of either suprise or tragedy, but as opposed to extracting this feeling through an overly serious picture, i tried to add a little bit of humor to it. I thought how many times has someone made a portrait of their mother getting hit by a car by his grandparents. So, I set out to create this random, slightly twisted image in my mind, and after a half hour of shooting pictures and causing all the neghibors to come outside to see what the problem was out in the street, I created a whole new version of a family portrait.
family portrait.
No comments:
Post a Comment